The Bible as a Work Book

I once won a football pool at a place that I worked several decades ago. When my work mates asked what I did with the money I proudly answered, “I bought a new Bible!” I was thinking about what B-I-B-L-E could stand for and as I recall I wrote inside the front cover: Blueprint Inside Bearing Life Everlasting. This of course is wonderfully true for those who believe, we will never ever die. Over the years I came to realize that being sealed for eternity, whilst a major benefit of being in the Kingdom, was not the only promise contained in the Word of God. There was much more provision in the Word for life on Earth as well.

Psalm 103:2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits–

3 who forgives all your sins (Heaven open, and promises available)

and heals all your diseases, (Earth)

The Bible is a book of people, how they walked with God, how they walked away from God and how they accessed His provisions. It is full of wisdom and promises. It seems that the further science progresses the more it discovers and confirms what the scriptures said all along. For example scientists seem to agree that around 90% of diseases come from some kind of emotional disorder, which produces chemical disorder or the beginnings of disease. We probably account for much of the other 10% by our solutions to our negative feelings. This can be things like drugs, alcohol, smoking, excess sugar, fats and so on. At the very least the chemicalization from these habits creates an environment conducive to these emotionally rooted diseases proliferating in our bodies. Did you know the Bible said this all along?

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Your soul is consider to be your mind, your will and your emotions. All of these are connected and the outcome of their combined function is expressed in your physical body. Your physical condition then is simply a flag for your mental and emotional state…the end of the line in terms of expression in the Earth. The Bible is amongst other things, the ultimate workbook on how to get your soul in optimal order.

Many times we have ministered to people with emotional, behavioural or mental issues and have found that when these are resolved that physical healing is the outcome. This could be immediate or over days or weeks, but the point is that we have not prayed for them for physical healing…it is a by-product . . . in fact often we have not even known that they have a physical problem, because it is not what they have come to see us for. The Bible is cover to cover with practical insights that have benefits for all things.